The Green Women Stamps Designed by Raven - Available from Wild Frog Creations Rubber Stamps

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tangled Guitar

I found an old beat up guitar at a  yard sale for $4.00 and snatched it up last fall. Then last month with forest fires all around in CO I found time to work on it.  Had to stay indoors due to smoke, but put on a mask long enough to sand it down.  Wish I had taken some before pics, as this guitar was really a mess!
After sanding, staining and sealing I stamped several images from various stamp companys (including my own).  Then got out my permanent ink Sharpies and drew more images (eyes, etc) and started filling in the blank spaces by doodling some zentangles.  Bought some strings and lo and behold, it can actually play music!  I'll be taking this to the festival with me instead of my "good" guitar.  Hope no one laughs at it too much.  What do you think?  Sorry the pics did not show the drawings very well today.



14 comments:

  1. love...love....love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! Wow! Now I want to find a guitar to art up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I loved that. I never thought to remake a guitar. My brother would love one, even if it was only to hang on the wall.. Im off to find a worn out one! thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow!! What an amazing Zen Guitar and how detailed! I can't even imagine how long this must have taken you! It is gorgeous and take it with you, but don't let your hands off it! Big wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is now priceless! My hubby said he was not going out a buy me a guitar for me to experiment on. Yours is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Cow Shelly!!! Just Outstanding, I'm with Terry, don't even let it out of your sight!!! It's a ONE in Million!!!
    Hugs Vada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of the above, simply blown away by your treasure. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelley, this is unbelievably gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I am at a loss for words!!! What an amazing work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TOTALLY AWSOME!!! what a piece of art!!! This is so detaled, you must work fast if it only took you a month. That needs to be hung on the wall girlfirend. Don't let anybody touch it at the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning and what a great idea. I have a couple of guitars sitting around here. hmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG that is awesome! What a great idea. I don't play, but I'm thinking I need to find an old guitar and do one just to hang on the wall ... your's is a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...